To ensure the safety, quality, and durability of your candle, please follow the instructions below:
- Each time you use your candle, be sure to let it burn until the wax on the surface is completely liquid. This can take 2 to 3 hours and will allow your candle to burn more evenly the next time.
- Using a wick cutter, regularly cut the wick to 3-5 mm. This will allow the candle to burn longer and prevent the wick from emitting smoke or falling into the wax and rendering the candle unusable.
- Be sure to center the wick in the wax after each use. This will allow for consistent consumption of the wax. This will also prevent the wick from getting too close to the glass, risking overheating.
- Never let the candle burn out unattended.
- Never let the candle burn for more than 4 hours at a time.
- When only five millimeters of wax remain or the wick sustainer becomes visible, the candle is finished and must be extinguished.
- Place the candle in a draft-free location in order to prevent the wax from melting unevenly.
- Always place the candle on a heat-resistant, non-flammable surface away from fabrics and curtains.
- Do not place the candle on a cold surface, such as marble or glass. If the hot candle comes into contact with a cold surface, the glass could shatter.
- The 1,500g stoneware candles come with a small suedette cloth for placing under the candle and which we recommend you use to protect fragile surfaces.
- The life of a candle comes to an end when only five millimeters of wax remain, or when the wick sustainer becomes exposed. This is when the second life of the candle begins: the glass containers can be kept and used as you see fit, as bud vases, brush or pencil pots, tealight holders, etc.