“Second life” accessories should be used on empty glass candle vessels. A candle is finished when no more than 5 mm of wax remains or when the metal base plate supporting the wick is visible.
Here is a quick, simple method for cleaning away all remaining wax once your candle has been consumed.
- Wait for it to cool, then leave it in the freezer overnight.
- The following day remove the candle from the freezer and leave it for 1 hour. Turn the glass candle vessel upside down and tap on the base with the palm of your hand. The wax disc, which will have shrunk, should fall out. If necessary, use a spoon handle to help you.
- If the metal base plate holding the wick is still stuck to the bottom of the glass candle vessel, use a pair of pliers to retrieve it.
- To finish, wipe the inside of your glass candle vessel with a wet soapy cloth.
- Once the glass candle vessel is empty, clean, and dry, apply the accessory to it.